GAME PLAN: NEW YEAR’S DAY BRUNCH
January 1, 2016
4 Weeks Before
- Invite guests.
- Think about menu (if it’s elaborate like mine, you will need help in the kitchen and a bartender).
- Book kitchen staff and bartender now!
- Make a detailed shopping list.
- Buy all non-perishables including alcohol.
3 Weeks Before
- Review menu and revise shopping list.
- Bake and freeze:
2 Weeks Before
- Confirm guest list.
- Organize all dishes, serving pieces and table linens.
- Prepare Homemade Granola and store in an airtight container.
1 Week Before
- Finalize menu and shopping list.
- Prepare glaze for Baked Ham and store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Buy croissants. (Stale croissants are better for this recipe.)
5 Days Before
- Do all grocery shopping.
- Wash all the fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Buy flowers.
4 Days Before
- Arrange flowers.
- Set table, organize all platters and bar.
2 Days Before
- Roast all ingredients for Turkey Hash.
- Prepare Chana Masala and store covered in refrigerator.
- Prepare Individual Baked Croissants and store unbaked in refrigerator.
- Bake Ricotta, Almond, Raspberry Cake.
- Prepare Turkey Hash.
- Make Roasted Pepper Sauce.
- Clean mushrooms and prepare all herbs for Roasted Mushrooms.
- Glaze ham and store in refrigerator uncovered.
- Prepare focaccia dough and leave in bowl on counter top.
New Year’s Day
- Remove all frozen cakes from freezer and slice.
- Bake Individual Croissants.
- Warm Baked Ham.
- Warm Turkey Hash.
- Prepare waffle batter and make Pumpkin Waffles.
- Roast Mushrooms.
- Bake Blueberry Focaccia Bread.
- Make Indian Spiced Potatoes.
- Make Saag Paneer.
- Bake Eggs with Roasted Pepper Sauce and Saffron.
- Prepare Breakfast Parfait with Homemade Granola and Berries.
- Have a Bloody Mary and enjoy!