This is a recipe I was testing just before the Apps & Alcohol Party. It’s so simple that I decided, at the last minute, to make a small batch and see if people liked them. They disappeared. Friends who called the next day raved about them.
This recipe is going into my permanent collection: I love that I can make these totally last minute with ingredients that I usually have on hand.
GORGONZOLA CHERRY BITES
EVENT: Apps & Alcohol
SERVES: Makes 24 Pieces
1 package refrigerated pie crust (one sheet makes 24 pieces) *
24 pieces whole walnuts
1 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
*A NOTE: Most packages come with two rolls of pie crust. You can double the recipe and use both rolls of pie crust. Yield 48 pieces.
Mini muffin tins
2” cookie cutter
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Unroll the pie crust on a flat surface and using a 2” cookie cutter, cut 24 rounds.
3. Gently press the rounds into the mini muffin cups.
4. In a small bowl, mix the butter and gorgonzola cheese.
5. Spoon a teaspoon of gorgonzola mixture into each cup.
6. Top each cup with 3-4 dried cherries and top each with a piece of walnut.
7. Bake 9-10 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
ANOTHER NOTE: You can combine the gorgonzola and butter the day before or prepare just before serving.