Chocolate bark is simple to make and something everyone should try.
I especially like this mix of flavors. The juiciness of the fresh pomegranate seeds, the subtle heat from the crystalized ginger and the crunch of the pistachio nuts combine for an exquisite finish to the Moroccan feast!
EVENT: Moroccan Feast
SERVES: 10-12 People
1 pound dark chocolate
2 cups fresh pomegranate seeds *
6 tablespoons chopped crystalized ginger
4 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts
1. Place a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water.
2. Melt chocolate, stirring until it is fully melted.
3. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. When chocolate is fully melted, removed bowl from heat and stir in crystalized ginger and 1 cup pomegranate seeds.
5. Pour chocolate onto parchment paper and smooth into an even layer, using a spatula.
6. Sprinkle top with remaining pomegranate seeds and chopped pistachio nuts.
7. Place sheet in freezer and freeze. After frozen, store in an air-tight container.
When serving, you can break it up in small serving pieces or do what I did and leave the slab in one piece and pass the plate around the table, and let guests break off a piece: Very Moroccan style of eating!
* A NOTE: I purchase the fresh pomegranates at Costco, when they are in season.