This is another one of those dishes you can add to a brunch or dinner buffet.
I grow rosemary in my garden and have the other ingredients in my pantry at all times. New Year’s Day, I put the potatoes in the oven when I got up, they developed a beautiful crust and complimented the rest of the menu.
There is nothing wrong with simple food done well.
ROASTED POTATOES WITH ROSEMARY
EVENT: New Year’s Day Brunch
SERVES: 10-12 People
4 lbs tiny Yukon gold potatoes *
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2-3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
* A NOTE: I prefer Yukon gold potatoes because they develop a good crust. You can also use red or new potatoes.
2 baking sheets
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the potatoes in half and place in a bowl. Toss with olive oil, kosher salt and rosemary.
3. Dump the potatoes on 2 baking sheets and spread into single layer.
4. Roast in the oven for approximately 45 minutes, until browned and crisp.
5. Remove from oven. Taste. Add more salt if necessary.