I am always on the lookout for great tasting gluten free crackers.
I’ve made Parmesan crisps by spreading mounds of freshly grated Parmesan cheese on paper-lined baking sheets. This resulted in delicate thin Parmesan crisps but required careful handling and attention to detail.
I had a cup of leftover grated Parmesan cheese and decided to try an experiment. These are so simple that I’m almost embarrassed to post the recipe, but I can’t resist sharing my results. You can tweak it by adding cayenne pepper for some heat or whole cumin seeds for crunch and a sophisticated flavor.
If you’ve got some leftover Parmesan cheese and a muffin pan — try these!
EVENT: 2nd Annual Apps & Alcohol
YIELD: 12 Crackers
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (optional)
12-hole muffin pan
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray.
3. Divide grated Parmesan cheese evenly between 12 muffin cups.
4. Bake approximately 15 minutes until crackers are dark golden color.
5. Remove pan from oven. Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes. Using an offset spatula, remove from pan.
6. Store in airtight container.