This is a great salad to serve as part of a Moroccan Feast or any party where you want a relatively easy but special salad.
I served each guest a portion of spinach and then invited them to add Beet Salad, Artichoke Salad or Fennel Salad on top of the spinach. I usually allow a very generous handful of greens for each guest. This recipe is for 4 servings. It’s easy to multiply this for any number of guests.
The combination of sherry vinegar and ground cumin make this extra special.
EVENT: Moroccan Feast
For the dressing
1 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon finely minced shallot
Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
4 generous handfuls of baby spinach
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Segments from 1 large or 2 small grapefruits, all peel and pith removed
1/8 cup chopped pistachio nuts
1. For dressing, combine first four ingredients in dressing in a bowl and whisk until well blended.
2. Taste and add salt and pepper.
3. Toss greens with dressing.
4. Add pomegranate seeds and toss until evenly distributed.
5. Plate the greens. Add a few grapefruit segments on large plate.
6. Top each salad with a few pistachio nuts.