Even people who don’t like salad will be drawn to the kaleidoscope of colors and flavors in this dish.
I use an organic herb salad mix I find at Trader Joe’s. Next time you reach for that boring bag of lettuce, try this instead. It includes: organic baby lettuce, red and green romaine, red and green oakleaf lettuce, organic red and green chard, organic mizuna, organic arugula, organic frisée, organic radicchio, organic parsley, organic cilantro, organic dill and organic baby spinach.
It’s triple washed, so all you have to do is open the bag. Pretty simple for so much flavor!
Oh, and in case you feel guilty scarfing down pizza (which is a whole other issue), this balances it out.
EVENT: DING-DONG! The Termites Are Gone!
SERVES: 4-6 People, Depending on Other Menu Items (Allow Generous Handfuls of Greens per Person)
For the dressing:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar *
1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the salad:
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 1/2 cup sliced sugar plum tomatoes
1 5-oz. bag mixed greens
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
2. Combine the bell peppers, tomatoes and mixed greens. Toss together.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to evenly distribute dressing.
4. Taste. Add salt and pepper.
* A NOTE: I buy my balsamic vinegar at Costco.