Tom, the termite man, did a walk-through of my house days before the big event. When he went into my pantry, he looked around and said, “Do your best to use everything up. Anything not used needs to be bagged or removed from the house.”
I tried to use everything. I didn’t even come close. But I did manage to use up the white chocolate chips, the dried cranberries and the last of the oatmeal. Here are the results.
(Don’t wait until you have a termite infestation to make these.)
CRANBERRY & WHITE CHOCOLATE OAT COOKIES
EVENT: DING-DONG! The Termites Are Gone!
YIELD: Approximately 2 ½ Dozen Cookies
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 ½ cup old-fashioned oats *
1 ½ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
5 oz. dried cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, mixing well.
4. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
5. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.
6. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
7. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
* A NOTE: I buy my old-fashioned oats at Costco.