It might seem silly to post a recipe for roasted tomatoes, but the more I talk to people, the more I realize that there is a need for even simple basic recipes.
With a recipe this simple, it’s imperative that you use the best quality tomatoes you can find, and the best quality olive oil you can afford. I buy organic grape tomatoes which are readily available at Trader Joe’s.
These tomatoes work as a side dish for brunch but also for a juicy roast chicken or roast lamb.
On New Year’s Day, I popped them in the oven first thing when I woke up. By the time I had my morning tea and was starting to get organized for the day, they were done. My idea of fast food.
EVENT: New Year’s Day Brunch
SERVES: 10-12 People
4 cups multicolored grape tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons basil
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place the tomatoes, garlic, basil and oil in a large bowl.
3. Toss to combine and evenly coat all tomatoes with oil.
4. Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
5. Bake in preheated oven approximately 20 minutes, until some of the tomato skins pop and start to brown.
6. Remove from oven. Serve room temperature.